Thursday 14 May 2015

it's gonna be amazinE




My "...ragged edge of town' zine, printed and ready for the DIY Cultures fair at Rich Mix on Sunday 24th May. Gonna be such a rad day out!! So excited to see people making indie publications, saying what they wanna say and expressing what they wanna express, especially after the savage Tory-centric takeover of the media in the election run up. This zine of mine is about autonomy, effort, self-sufficiency and the architecture of a change in our habits and attitudes, all characterised by Springsteen's musical legacy and his fans, and presented through my ideological land of the Swaglands.
Spent the morning in the studio before work today. Working on four big fabric pieces, digitally printed on silk. Gonna be lush. 
My solo show Laterstate Oasis in Peckham opened this time last week and it was super fun! Photos to follow. It's on until next Thursday if you wanna....







Irene and Marilyn on Home & Away back in the mid '90s. At the diner. Aren't they a dream!!?


Amazing Springsteen dancing on a super uplifting doc I watched on Monday


The Big Man and The Boss



And below is bad karma giving me a row for buying too much plastic packaging - cut myself on a silly little hummus pot. my movement from packaged products to unpackaged ones is a bit hard when i get hungry and caught short. i've learned my lesson.



No comments:

Post a Comment