Wednesday 18 March 2015

It's so nice when work is fun and rent costs this!



I recently took on an illustration and design project that's been so much fun. It's for a friend of a friend, who is putting on her own day festival of art and music. She's doing it all herself out of the obvious excitement she has for emerging art and music talent. She's created the whole day as a festival 'in the name of human kindness' and has a gift giving project called This Must Be For You.
https://thismustbeforyou.wordpress.com
It was so great firstly to do some work for someone whose just sincerely excited about creativity and culture in London. Secondly, she gave me a hugely satisfying amount of creative control and I actually got to make something I really love.
Also - the festival is called Lion Paw, which is just a great name.
So.. I finally have some of my design work (actual work that pays my rent - as opposed to my art which currently does not!) that I want to show. I quite often get design commissions that I find quite limiting creatively. I obviously appreciate them though, as they mean using my skills and getting paid for it. But this project was both of those - with loads of fun colourful imagery and ideas thrown in - I got to design a logo which is being made into embroidered patches to sew onto sweatshirt, and also I designed some transfer tattoo sheets. So fun!
The whole cause is totally my thing, and I felt very useful :)
Some things are still going to print and will be about soon enough.







No comments:

Post a Comment