Tuesday 18 March 2014

I went to the Richard Hamilton exhibition at the Tate Modern last Friday, and a lot of it didn't convince me, but I loved his paintings of interiors; their spatial complexity and varying perspectives helped me understand some of what I was already thinking about in regards to lines, boundaries and planes in our living environments that then inspire social constructs and habits. 
Looking at these paintings took some consideration about where the painter stood and what continued outside the frame, and what space linked to another space. It was an exercise in understanding cooperation of a space; and how it's inhabitants may be inspired to cooperate. It's challenge to the viewer was a creative experience; these are the notes I made.



And these are two postcards I bought of a couple of my fave Hamilton paintings.



This is a dress/pinafore I made a few weeks ago, dyed with black beans very lightly. It needs re-hemming, darts, and pockets, but I took the opportunity to photograph the fancy mannequin my dad's tailor's dummy company bought which I picked up.



No comments:

Post a Comment