Saturday 29 March 2014

Colour

Below are some details from a dress i've just finished: a thick silk blend dyed with black beans and onion skins. I love how you get irregularities and textured colour when you use food to dye with.




And since i found this folder full of Gaugin prints at Deptford market, and going to a show of Peter Doig's super colourful paintings on Tuesday, i've realised i definitely need to learn to use colour. So here goes...




I also have a very colourful bedroom - so my work should be too!


Now these are mine... just trying stuff out with some cheap old watercolours, oil pastels and wax crayons. I quite liked some of them.


The one below was kind of inspired by a mix of The Gaslight Anthem, Bruce Springsteen (as always), Into the Wild which i've just read, and also one of my fave books Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee.

Ghosts along the blacktop

Happy Mother's Day 



Bored at work - trying to sum up my project on the back of some receipt paper


I already live with too many ghosts

some token mono prints - Bruce :)



      

*

And some photos...






*

And Future Islands :)




No comments:

Post a Comment