Monday 17 August 2015

STAY VICIOUS

I've made tumblr for my inspiration and few bits of the work i'm doing while at my residency at Free Space Gallery.
It's a little shoddy, not very fun and jazzy. But it's my online scrapbook for some of the places i'm getting my ideas, as well as some sketches and notes of mine which signal turning points in developing my project about shelters, retreat, and wellbeing.

Here it is: http://spiritshed.tumblr.com/

Here are three recent sketches, which encompass ideas from my research into tattoos, talismans, retreat and escape from a place or a feeling, and looking back on the past and into the future while operating in the present as fruitfully as possible. They also take into account my research on tent design and shelter design, alongside garment design.
I'm now leaning towards depicting some of the spirited shelters in The New Jungle refugee camp in Calais. I think it's important to mix topical social issues in with personal spiritual ones for this project.




No comments:

Post a Comment