Thursday 20 February 2014

Back to tables...

Tables are encouraging of cooperative behaviour in many ways > so here are a few more thoughts on tables. I am going to take a roll of film of special and notable tables. Yesterday I went to the Timber Yard cafe in Covent Garden with my aunt and cousin as the people who set it up work with my aunt and uncle. It has loads of beautiful custom made tables from salvaged wood, painted different shades.



A bit about what tables can do, the type of characteristics they incite




steps - came from playing with the boundaries and planes that exist in the conventional home; what they mean and the behaviour and habits they encourage; sometimes they just provide dead ends.



***

And some random thoughts about killing animals


And then I bought a kilo of sardines, filleted them and now they're curing in lemon juice in my fridge. yum, fresh raw fish for me!


I also need to write my project up so far (actually i just have today) but need to put it in a designed format for easy reading, and also gotta remember to write about 'romanticism in hindsight'

No comments:

Post a Comment