Monday 15 April 2013

challenging initial perception and enlivening the senses

For my I Wander Weather (walking) project, I have made a filmic installation (coming soon). The aim of it is to challenge the viewer's initial perceptions of the landscape and to provoke their senses, inviting them to go out into the forest and experience it first hand.
The installation uses both imagery and written language to purposefully present an experience of the natural world that is not a whole experience of it.
I am trying to communicate this aim by translating the experience of the installation into a textual print>>>>>>

I have written a text about it, and stuck it in a book called "A Natural History of The Senses". The original text of the book is obscured, but words from it that provoke an embodied reaction (appeal to the senses) appear at the sides. This represents the ability of my installation to give the viewer an interrupted, unwhole experience of walking through nature.



No comments:

Post a Comment