Sunday 1 April 2012

Alterations and Altar

Alterations

An exorcism of lots of the pointless and annoying flotsam and jetsam in my room.



Altar



Altar and Shrines are created for both religious and non-religious purposes, and can be temporary or permanent. But the general overall gist is that they provide a way of honouring an esteemed being/s or concept, connecting to them, and having a constant visual reference to remind the maker (and/or viewer) of them and what they stand for.



Altars often include pictures or photographs of important people and places, candles, important texts and books, and objects of a ritualistic and/or talismanic nature.

The idea was to surround myself (in my most intimate space) with such things, so as to remind me of my goals, morals and important people. Keep me centred.

(Bit like Patti!)

No comments:

Post a Comment